If Your Date Does This, Run!
When starting a new relationship, many women (and men as well) tend to overlook some behaviors in their new partner that do not bode well for the future. Then, down the road, comes the exclamation ‘If I had only known…’.
As a Psychotherapist who has worked with mostly women and a few men in the field of Domestic Violence, during counseling sessions we can always trace back obnoxious and also dangerous character traits to the very start of the relationship.
Here are some ‘Red Flags’ to watch out for in a new partner
1) He makes decisions about where to go with little or no input from you.
2) He belittles your opinion when the two of you are alone and may call you names.
3) He makes disparaging remarks about you in front of others and may talk about you as if you were not there.
4) He may be rough during love-making and make you engage in acts you do not like.
5) He does not want to spend time with your friends or family and insists you socialize with his people.
6) He will not acknowledge your areas of expertise and may put down what you do in the workplace – ignore any of your accomplishments.
7) He may openly flirt with other women and then accuse you of being jealous when you object.
8) He gets angry and loses his temper over trivialities. Stays angry for a long time and attempts to blame all arguments on you.
10) One of the main factors is that he comes on very strong in the beginning of your relationship – sweeps you off your feet – and wants an exclusive relationship too quickly. Many women feel flattered at the intensity of the man’s seeming need for an immediate connection and consequently overlook the inappropriateness of it.
*This should not be confused with ‘love at first sight’ where one or both parties feel an instant connection – without any of the aforementioned behaviors.*
There are many other factors that could be listed – but if the man in your life begins displaying the above qualities – realize it will not get better, only worse. He will likely be unwilling to discuss his emotions openly and feel that women are the inferior sex.
If this describes your man, run – do not walk – out of his life. The next step will likely be physical abuse.
You already have the traits that make men want to risk everything and give up their freedom to be with you
You just need to learn how to use them in a way that works for you—and we can show you how!
In The Modern Siren, we’ll teach you how a man really sees you versus what he hopes you’ll be, and how to close that gap. We’ll take a look at the exact qualities those “other” women have that attract men so easily and keep them working so hard for their attention… and how you can have those same qualities. We’ll also give you tools for understanding what he’s thinking and feeling every step of the way (so you don’t sabotage your relationship by guessing or having to “talk” about things constantly).
And finally, we’ll help you tap into your natural Siren power again by helping you understand why your own experiences might have caused you to suppress it in the first place.
Take control of your love life today! Click here to get started.