Do You Know The Break-up Warning Signs?
All you can do is keep an eye on your behaviors as well as to recognize, and fix, problem areas as soon as you see them. The longer you wait to address them, the more difficult they will be to repair.
Research shows that the majority (96 percent) of breakups are initiated by women. Although this statistic may seem comforting, for the women who have been dumped, it is anything but.
In retrospect, most people realize that the signs were there all along, but chose to ignore them. The most significant sign was a ‘gut’ feeling that something was wrong. A person’s gut is never wrong, its purpose is for protection. So, whatever you feel it telling you, you need to listen, even if your partner denies it.
Other common signs include the following:
- Visiting dating sites and apps
- Not marrying you within three years of dating
- Being secretive
- Needing more time and space away from you
- Forgetting important dates
- Behaviors that do not follow words
- Continued friendship with ex-partners
- A change in routine
- Picking fights about insignificant things
- Spending less time together
- Going out with friends more
- Not expressing love as often
- A sudden burst of devotion of love (this is usually a guilt response to an upcoming breakup)
Understanding the unspoken is key to knowing how strong a relationship is. Learn crucial ways of knowing if your partner is still attracted to you or on their way out the door forever.
You may also be interested in reading: