Can a Woman Tell That You’re Available to Date?
When meeting new people, it is natural for people to assume that if a man and a woman sit together they are a couple.
If you often go out with your best female friends or co-workers, you may be losing opportunities because people are getting the wrong impressions.
Here are some things to do to make it clear to people that you are available:
- If you are seriously looking to meet someone new, avoid going out in mixed-gender groups. Go out with your few closest male buddies.
- If you are in a large group that includes women, try to seat yourself in a corner with only men around you. Make sure to tell the women in the group about your plan, so that they don’t feel as if you’re trying to ignore them. In fact, if you tell them that you’re trying to meet someone new, they just may make it their mission to help you out!
- If a girl that you like sees you in the company of another woman, always mention that the other woman is just a co-worker, friend, or sibling. Don’t wait for her to ask. Most women have a firm respect for other women’s territory. If a girl thinks that you are attached, she won’t send out any signals that she finds you attractive, even if she does.
- Keep your female friendships purely platonic. Make some space, don’t lean in close, or sit too close together. If you feel like it is not too rude, keep your body turned slightly away from your friend and towards the crowd. Make sure that your friend knows what you are doing so that she does not feel offended. Avoid “jokingly” flirting, as it can be difficult for a stranger to distinguish from real flirting.
- No matter what sort of group you’re in, leave your table and wander through the crowd as much as possible. When you are alone, you are often much more approachable. Be the one who gets the drinks from the bar, and take your time doing so. Look over the crowd as you wait with a light, confident smile. If a girl is looking at you, you just might catch her eye.
- Always have a good time. Women are drawn to positive energy.
- Women want to be part of the fun. If you’re the guy who’s having the great time at the table in the corner, women will notice you. However, it will be up to you to sit back from the group every so often and look quietly around the room, in order to see if anyone is looking at you in hopes of catching your eye.
Now get out there and let women know you’re available!